Advanced ticketing demos by the Calypso Networks Association
The Calypso Networks Association has created several innovative demos to showcase the potential of Keyple Java-based ticketing terminals, which are representative of the use cases encountered in public transport ticketing.
Demo Reload Remote (client/server environment):
- On the client side, an Android application loaded in a standard NFC smartphone provides the means to a customer to make the ticket purchase. The Android NFC plugin is used to communicate with the contactless card, and the Calypso card commands are fully managed by the back-office ticketing server using the Keyple Distributed solution.
- On the server side, the back-office includes a Java server application to process the ticketing sale and manage the Calypso secure session to reload contracts in remote cards. The server manages a pool of Calypso SAM using the PC/SC plugin and the Calypso SAM resource manager.
- An autonomous validator on Android-based ticketing terminal that seamlessly starts a secure session when a contactless card is detected.
- The machine checks the last transport event and the available ticketing contracts.
- If access is granted, a new event is written.
- A hand-held inspection terminal on Android portable terminal that allows an operator to check the content of a card.
- The application verifies the validity of the last transport event regarding the current time and location.
- Finally, it displays the result.
The “Validation” and “Control” demos can be installed on various terminals such as Coppernic, Famoco, Flowbird, and Bluebird, using the dedicated plugins provided by CNA.
For further information and guides on these demos, please visit the CNA website.